Research fellow at the Heilbronn Institute for Mathematical Research and the University of Bristol.
Find me on: arXiv, GitHub, ORCiD, Stack Exchange.
Find me at: Room GA.09, School of Mathematics, University of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1UG, UK.
- Data science and machine learning.
- Kernel density estimation.
- Computational p-adics.
- Galois theory and ramification theory.
- Factorization and root-finding of systems of equations.
Papers & Reports
- Exact p-adic computation in Magma, Journal of Symbolic Computation (accepted 2020).
- Data Study Group Network Final Report - Woolfson Laboratory, with several co-authors, Alan Turing Institute (June 2020). Workshop on predicting oligomeric protein structure from amino acid sequences. (report, DOI)
- Guiding Principles for Unlocking the Workforce - What Can Mathematics Tell Us?, with many authors, Knowledge Transfer Network, Isaac Newton Institute & International Centre for Mathematical Sciences (working paper, 2020). Workshop on mathematical principles for easing the COVID-19 lockdown. (homepage, PDF)
- Computing the Galois group of a p-adic polynomial, Int. J. Number Theory (in press 2020). (overview, tables, arXiv)
- 3-torsion and conductor of genus 2 curves, with T. Dokchitser, Math. Comput. (2018). (overview, article, arXiv)
- PhD Thesis: Aspects of p-adic computation, Bristol University (2019). (thesis)
- ExactpAdics: An exact representation of p-adic numbers, pre-print (2018). (overview, arXiv)
- On enumerating extensions of p-adic fields with given invariants, pre-print (2018). (overview, arXiv)
- Given n red and n blue points, the total monochromatic distance is less than the total bichromatic distance. (MathSE)
- On computing the Galois group of a rational polynomial. (MathSE)
- When we adjoin one root of a polynomial to a field, how many other roots do we get? (MathSE)
- Counting p-adic fields with certain properties. (MathOverflow)
- Why a normal extension of a normal extension of a field is not normal. (MathSE)
- Trace and discriminant of a field extension are independent. (MathOverflow)
- Why algebraic numbers are a field. (MathSE)
- Minimal polynomial of ab when those of a and b are known. (MathSE)
- 2018-: Heilbronn research fellow, University of Bristol.
- 2014-2018: PhD mathematics, University of Bristol. Supervisor: Tim Dokchitser.
- 2008-2009: Part III/MMath (Distinction), University of Cambridge.
- 2005-2008: BSc mathematics (Class I), University of Cambridge.